Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving in Texas


Thanksgiving with the Clampets! (For you HeeHaw fans...that is for you!) Here is my beloved family of nephews, nieces, great-nephews, and great-nieces...the only shot we got that tears were not falling, fingers were not picking, and mouths were not opening! This photo makes my heart smile...and just to think-this is just the 2nd and 3rd "wave" of grandkids. I actually have 4 more nephews, 1 niece, and 1 great niece that are considered the "first wave." I am so excited that my kids are getting to know their cousins...something I never did. As you can tell, Caleb is wet with sweat (it was a high of 79) and they are all a little dirty from running and playing soccer. They all enjoy each other very much and get along relatively well. We all had a great time watching them!
Here we have my dear dad with my great-nephew Carston. Dad was doing well to make it to dinner, but I think he enjoyed himself, and especially this little guy. Carston loves his PawPaw, and carries on a conversation with my dementiaed father like they both understand exactly what the other one is saying. Although it is very sad to see, it is also heart-warming and almost funny. You know me...I have to look for the humor in this or it would drive me crazy!

Okay, here is my silly mom...hmmm, wonder where I get it from? And Pixey, of course! Pixey is just like family and gives mom great company!

Although I so miss the chilly weather of the Midwest, I am very blessed to spend this holiday with my family...no matter how crazy we all are! :) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

No comments: