Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011: Taking Time to Breathe

We launch our new church campus, Calvary North, this Sunday. Chaos fills the air as the staff scurries around trying to tie up loose ends before the opening day. In the midst of the business of "the endless list of to dos" I stopped by Sonic with a dear co-worker for a "pick-me-up coke." For 15 minutes, we took a time out to just breathe...to vent some frustrations, to laugh about the stress, and to encourage one another as we know this is a great thing getting ready to happen...and to think...God wanted to bless us by putting us in the middle of it all. God has given me a great new friendship with this coworker...she is quirky, she is sincere, and above all, one of the most influential people I have ever met. Her wittiness brings laughter to me all of the time and for that...I'm grateful!

Lord, thank you for my dear friend. Bless her in her ministry. God you know she loves our church and the families that are going to fill the new facility. Thank you for giving us a moment to breathe in the midst of all of the chaos today...good chaos, but chaos nonetheless. I give thanks for calling me to work for Calvary North. I'm excited to see big dreams come true!

No comments: