Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Mama's Cafe"

The kids are really into pretending these days and to make a long story short, I looked out to see and hear them(since our windows were raised due to the nice weather) sitting at their picnic table, pretending to order from a waitress. You should have seen their faces when "Cricket" walks out with a pad and pencil to welcome them to "Mama's Cafe," a small, yet quaint, hole in the wall created in Montana. It took them no time to jump into character...all 3 weary travelers full of their own story...one from Chicago, one little mama from Houston who had babies to take care of, and the other one from Texas as well. When I asked Bailey, I mean Sally, what part of Texas she was from, she sipped her water and said, "the middle." :) You should have heard the very creative, detailed lives of these three. It blessed my heart so much that we played for hours. I was really amazed at their imaginations. More amazed to be waken early this morning by my 6 year old asking if we could play "Mama's Cafe" again. It made me smile and tear up to realize just how much they want my attention and my interaction. What is even sadder is that is what God wants from me too. Ouch...who needed a sermon today, ...especially when you have 3 weary travelers stopping by for a bite to eat!

1 comment:

timandmichelle (timandshelly) said...

You are so right...on so many levels. I need to play with my kids more. Perhaps all the little Ty stuff...wait not all, the little guy was born creative...but perhaps some of it is just him wanting me. So, off the computer, off to get a shower and then we will play something that will inevitably be destructive to some poor house or baby or sword fight or something, but he will love it! And you know what? So will I! Thanks, Sam.

PS miss you on the moderation blog. Does that mean you have hit a roadblock on the study? You can do it! I will try and call later on today to see how it goes.