Monday, February 9, 2009

A Mom Moment

This happened last Friday, but is too good to let go by without recording. Last Thursday night Caleb informs us that Friday is(was) Storybook Character day and that everyone was to dress as a storybook character. A little miffed that it is 8:30 p.m., I am trying to recall as many characters as possible. I vaguely remembered getting something in his folder a couple of days prior telling us of this special day. So at last moment, he decides to go as "Huck" Finn. Simple enough. So Friday I send my precious little Huck off to school...brown suede loafers with no socks, jeans cuffed up, a plaid shirt buttoned wrong, and of course, the straw hat. We were in a hurry that morning, (as always it seems) so I kissed him and practically pushed him out the door. Later that day Caleb comes home with his folder and a note from his teacher which simply reminds me that Character Day is Feb. 20th! :)

Poor Caleb. :) :)

1 comment:

ETaylor said...

Thanks for the laugh, Sam! Oh, Caleb!